Monday, April 10, 2017

Desk calendar Downtown Yangon - Life Scenes



I wish to write a few lines, even with a huge delay, about my desk calendar Downtown Yangon - Life Scenes. 




It was towards the end of 2016 that I decided to make a calendar with my photographs with life scenes from downtown Yangon. It was quite late in the year and I had the time pressure to design and print it in time. I worked with a good printing company from Yangon called Prestige Media which delivered high quality printing within a short deadline. 

I decided to donate part of the proceedings to an NGO. I read in 2014 about the Myanmar  Mobile Education Project (MyME) and I found their work extremely important for the country. In Myanmar there are many children who are unable to go to school and instead need to help their families by working in tea shops, construction sites and sometimes factories all around the country. MyME is providing non-formal education to these children, in the evening, after they finish their work. For this they use buses transformed into school rooms or sometimes teashops where the owners acknowledge the importance of classes (English language, civic education, maths) for the children. More information about the project can be found here.

All the 300 copies were sold in two weeks time. They were bought directly by friends or expats and were also sold at two weekend markets in Yangon. Some of my friends and relatives from Europe bought it as well. I know that it arrived all over the world from Africa to the US, from Australia to Europe. Its success made me very happy!



Here are the twelve photographs which appeared in the calendar, one for each month.  All the photographs were taken in 2016.












3 comments:

  1. Myanmar is the place which is in my must visit place, I have heard a lot about it and now seen as well. Thank you for sharing the blog with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. KAMI SEKELUARGA TAK LUPA MENGUCAPKAN PUJI SYUKUR KEPADA ALLAH S,W,T
    dan terima kasih banyak kepada AKI atas nomor yang AKI
    beri 4 angka [9433] alhamdulillah ternyata itu benar2 tembus .
    dan alhamdulillah sekarang saya bisa melunasi semua utan2 saya yang
    ada sama tetangga.dan juga BANK BRI dan bukan hanya itu KI. insya
    allah saya akan coba untuk membuka usaha sendiri demi mencukupi
    kebutuhan keluarga saya sehari-hari itu semua berkat bantuan AKI..
    sekali lagi makasih banyak ya AKI? bagi saudara yang suka PASANG NOMOR
    yang ingin merubah nasib seperti saya silahkan hubungi KI JAYA,,di no (((085-321-606-847)))
    insya allah anda bisa seperti saya?menang NOMOR 705 JUTA ,

    PESUGIHAN DANA GAIB

    PESUGIHAN UANG BALIK

    DAN PESUGIHAN TUYUL
























    ReplyDelete